The First Din-Rail Mounted Multifunction kWh Meter with NMI Pattern Approval
Electricity meters used for sub-metering, are now required to meet NMI testing standards for energy meters.
From January 2013, the exemption for energy meters used for trade (billing customers) was lifted, meaning energy meters used in residential, commercial and other businesses environments must now have NMI (National Measurement Institute) approval.
SATEC (Australia) Pty Ltd is the first manufacturer of a multifunction din-rail mounted, NMI Pattern Approved kWh meter suitable for sub-metering for the Australian Market.
SATEC EM133-AR is a Smart DIN Rail TOU Energy Meter. It is based on SATEC’s best seller PM130 PLUS with an off‑the-shelf LCD display (similar to the BFM136 display). The EM133-AR provides the full functionality of the PM130EH PLUS combined with 2 Digital Inputs, 1 Digital Output, IR (Infra Red) communication and battery backup for the real time clock. It is fully compatible with all PM130 PLUS modules.
The EM133-AR can serve any application from residential energy metering, through industrial energy and harmonic analysis through utility comprehensive substation automation. It provides multifunctional 3‑phase power metering, revenue metering and basic power quality information. The EM133-AR features an internal real time clock (RTC), battery backup and onboard non-volatile memory for event and data logging. The device includes 16 set points and 4 counters that operate the built in 2 DI/ 1RO or the various analog and digital I/O add-ons.
The EM133-AR offers a wide range of network configurations and versatile voltage and current connections: 57 to 400V AC, up to 100A direct current measurement, connection of standard CTs (1A, 5A) and a wide range of remote HACS – High Quality Current Sensors (split or solid cores).
EM133 – TOU Smart Energy Meter
Comprehensive multi-functional energy meter, which provides a complete range of energy measurement and management. It measures the electrical energy and connects via digital inputs to water, gas or air condition meters. A built in relay output can be freely programmed to remotely disconnect the supply (using external contactors) or raising alarms. The information is displayed locally and is available via communication.
The AR model (Advanced Residential) also displays and stores present, previous and before previous day, week, month and quarter of all energy, hot and cold water and gas with customised pulse multiplication factors and labels.
Field installable add-on allows adding digital and analog I/Os to facilitate any control scheme (up to 14 digital inputs and 5 relay outputs).
EM133 Addendum External CT
EM133 IEC 60870-5
Multifunctional 3-Phase Smart Meter
- True RMS, volts, amps, power, power factor, neutral current, voltage and current unbalance, frequency
- Ampere/Volt demand meter
- 25, 50, 60 and 400 Hz measurements
- 128 samples per cycle
Billing/TOU Energy Meter
- Accuracy Class 0.5S
- Four-quadrant active and reactive energy poly-phase static meter
- Three-phase total and per phase energy measurements; active, reactive and apparent energy counters
- Time-of-Use, 4 totalization and tariff energy/demand registers x 8 tariffs, 4 seasons x 4 types of days, 8 tariff changes per day
- One–time easy programmable tariff calendar schedule
- Automatic daily energy and maximum demand profile log for total and tariff registers
- Voltage and current THD, TDD and K-Factor, up to 40th order harmonic
- Voltage and current harmonic spectrum and angles
Real-time Waveform Capture (via PC)
- Real-time “scope mode” waveform monitoring capability
- Simultaneous 6-channel 8-cycle waveform capture at a rate of 64 samples per cycle
Programmable Logical Controller
- Embedded programmable controller
- 16 control set points; programmable thresholds and delays
- Relay output control
- 1-cycle response time
Event and Data Recording
- Non-volatile memory for long-term event and data recording for at least 90 days history storage capabilities
- Event recorder for logging internal diagnostic events and setup changes
- Two data recorders; programmable data logs on a periodic basis; automatic daily energy and maximum demand profile log
- Easy to read 2 x 16 Characters LCD display, adjustable update time
- Auto-scroll option with adjustable page exposition time; auto-return to a default page
- Backup for 260 days
- Built-in 2 Digital Inputs and 1 form A solid state digital output
- Optional module 4 Digital Inputs and 2 digital outputs (Solid State or Electro Mechanical)
- Optional module 4 Analog Outputs
- Standard 2-wire RS-485 communication port
- Built-in IR communication port
- Optional multipurpose RS-232/422/485 port
- Optional 10/100Base T port
- Optional PROFIBUS port
- Optional RF module (available in certain regions only)
- Optional GPRS modem
- Modbus RTU
- Modbus ASCII
- DNP 3.0
- IEC 60870-5-101, -104
- 3 levels Password security for protecting meter setups and accumulated data from unauthorised changes
Easy upgrading device firmware through a serial or Ethernet port.
- Includes comprehensive Power Analysis Software (PAS) for configuration and data acquisition
- Optional eXpertpower™ client for communicating with the SATEC proprietary eXpertPower™ Internet services
The EM132-133 modular approach enables users to assemble a system that meets their specific needs.
Second Communication port – Small form
One of the following:
- Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- RF *
* Module & accessories available in certain regions only
Analog Outputs – Small form
4 analog outputs, selection of ranges upon order:
Digital I/O – Small form
- 4 Digital Inputs (Dry Contact) / 2 Relay Outputs 250V / 5A AC
- 4 Digital Inputs (Dry Contact) / 2 SSR Outputs 250V / 0.1A AC
- 4 Digital Inputs (Dry contact) with RTC battery backup for TOU
Digital I/O – Large form
- 12 Digital Inputs (Dry Contact or 250VDC)
- 4 Relay Outputs 250V/5A AC
- Optional selection of Ethernet, RS-485 or Profibus
Small form: 2.8×1.8×1.3″ / 72×46×34 mm
Large form: 3.7×3×1.7″ / 95×77×45 mm