Breakthrough Technology: Multi-Circuit Sub-Metering NMI Approved
NMI Approval Number 14/2/80
Breakthrough Technology from SATEC Australia provides the only Branch Feeder Energy Meter or Multi-Circuit Metering suitable for billing/trade in the Australian market. SATEC’s BFM136 Branch Feeder Metering is the only multi circuit monitor solution covered under the NMI regulations in Australia as a NMI approved electricity billing meter.
SATEC’s Branch Feeder Monitor™ BFM136 is the next generation energy management metering for multi-point power solutions. Ideal for both new and retrofit projects, the BFM136 automatically provides metering, demand and energy readings, logging and multi-tariff (TOU) data.
The BFM136 monitors up to 12 three phase circuits or 36 single phase circuits, or any combination of single or three phase circuits. This flexibility makes the BFM136 perfect for multi-tenant facilities such as residential projects, office buildings and shopping malls.
This compact instrument is designed to easily fit into existing panel boards or be flush mounted nearby, thus eliminating the need for expensive retrofit projects or for allocating extra space for the device.
The BFM monitors up to 36 currents via external Current Transformers (CTs). Each CT measures and reports the current consumed by each of the branch circuits at the panel board. For billing purposes, single or multiple circuits can be defined for each customer. This flexibility allows a simple reassignment of circuit groups without wiring changes, and allows for easy changes when tenants move in and out. Main panel board or load center installation makes for a valuable saving of both time and money.
The BFM’s user-defined and easily configured alarm system enables users to take predictive maintenance action in order to avoid unnecessary outages.
Take it to the next level
The BFM’s multi channel monitoring capabilities are increased even further by connecting the meter to one or more of SATEC’s eXpertPower™ services.
eXpertPower™ Savings offers robust energy monitoring capabilities alongside a series of Energy Management reports.
eXpertPower™ Billing provides a wide range of billing capabilities that support sub-metering programs.
- Provides a complete set of energy and demand data on multi-tariff basis for billing purposes
- Class 0.5S precision in revenue metering
- Meter sealing option for voltage and current inputs
- Current and voltage monitoring
- 12 3-phase channels
- 18 2-phase channels
- 36 1-phase channels
- Any combination of the above
- Compliant with ANSI and IEC specifications
- LCD display for on-site access, providing 30 channels of consumption readings for each tenant
- Data access and TOU via PAS software
- Web-based energy management with eXpertpowerTM providing online data access
- Compact design for easy installation within existing or new electric panelboards
- Durable design for tamper resistance
- Communication platforms
- Built-in serial RS485
- Optional: modem, Ethernet, wireless
- Real Time Clock
- TCP Notification Client
- Event and data logging
- Flash memory 8 Mb
81x50mm / 3.2×2″
121x80mm / 4.7×3.1″