Save Costs with “All-in-One” Devices and Analyse Grid Power Quality
- High performance revenue metering and complete grid power quality assessment at connection points between utilities (such as transmission and distribution utilities) or between utility and major energy consumers at high/medium voltage
- Bridging utility automation, metering/billing, and power quality applications within utilities by a single grid meter
- Comprehensive power quality analysis according to the most demanding standards IEC 61000-4-30 Class A and EN 50160 as well as many important power quality features beyond the standard
- Monitor grid power quality at connection points for early excursion warnings and proper corrective actions
- Manage complicated power supply contracts including power quality commitments
- Get ready for government power quality regulations
- Robust billing capabilities customized to customer’s need provided by eXpertPower™ Billing.
- Perform professional Power Quality Analysis using online tools provided by and eXpertPower™ Pro.
For Energy Consumers
- High performance test revenue metering and power quality analysis to resolve power quality disputes with utilities.
- Metering and power quality data for grid monitoring and control. Minimise power quality events and avoid expensive equipment failures.
- Ensure compliance to Power Quality standards using eXpertPower™ Pro Compliance reports.
The eXpertMeter™ EM720 was specially developed for grid applications. This state of the art power quality grid meter was designed for utilities as well as for major industrial and commercial consumers. The all-in-one Intelligent Electronic Device (IED) combines a high precision (class 0.2S per IEC 62053-22) revenue meter instrument with the most advanced power quality analyser (IEC 61000-4-30 Class A), transient and fault recorder, event, data, and waveform recorder.
eXpertPower™ Billing provides the infrastructure required to bill energy consumers based on a variety of parameters and algorithms. This data collected from your meters is recorded in eXpertPower™ Billing and then processed into periodic bills, customized to fit your exact billing needs.
eXpertPower™ Pro provides the tools to monitor and understand Power Quality issues:
- Firstly, eXpertPower™ Pro provides a comprehensive event view relating to all meters in a network.
- It then enables waveform analysis with powerful tools and various views (spectrum, RMS, stacked and overlapped).
- Finally, eXpertPower™ Pro produces a one click EN50160 weekly or annual compliance report.
All these sophisticated capabilities implemented on a high performance metering platform represents considerable step forward compared to straightforward energy metering at major connection points.
The grid meter complies with the most demanding and, in many cases, contradictory energy metering and power quality standards.
The EM720 is an ideal cost-effective solution for high and medium voltage grid applications. The instrument enables to limit space and communication infrastructure requirements to save installation costs and to improve overall system reliability.