PM172 Power Meter
The PM172 is a high performance feeder monitoring instrument that includes revenue class measurements and logging capability. With over 100 electrical measurements, long term memory logging capability and breaker contact status inputs, this series is an economical approach to distribution automation for utilities.
Revenue class metering and built-in TOU function provide a solid background for commercial and industrial sub-metering applications. Event and data log on the basis of programmable set points is a differentiating feature of the PM172 series. This capability facilitates a wide range of commercial and industrial applications demanding data analysis as well as corrective actions for specific recorded events. The recorded data is a valuable asset for energy management.
The PM172 series includes a choice of built-in communication platforms, such as modem, Ethernet, Profibus DP, and serial communication.
Take it to the next level
Enhance the PM172 with eXpertPower™ Savings. The service offers robust energy monitoring capabilities alongside a series of Energy Management reports.
Pole Top Sensors Datasheet
PM17X Addendum – Lindsey
PM17X Addendum – External CT
Technical Note: Analog Output
Multifunctional three-phase power Meter
- Voltage, current (including neutral current), power, energy, power factor, frequency, voltage/current unbalance, load profile
Multi-tarrif Revenue Meter
- Class 0.2S precision, compliant with ANSI and IEC specifications
- Built-in Time Of Use (TOU) tarrifs to meet any billing requirements
- Sealing option
Real Time Clock
- Built-in clock and calendar functions with back-up battery
- Time synchronization via communication port or digital input
- Logging parameters with real-time stamps
- Logging capability for more than 100 parameters
Alarm and Control Functions
- 16 programmable set points
- 2 programmable relay outputs 3A, 250V
- 2 digital inputs
- 2 optional analog inputs ot outputs
- TCP Notification Client
- 2 independent communication ports (RS232, RS422, RS485, modem, Ethernet, Profibus DP)
- Protocols: Modbus RTU, ASCII, DNP 3.0
- Full galvanic isolation of voltage an current measuring circuits – 6kV Impulse
SATEC offers a solution which allows to avoid any impact on protection relay connection circuits by use of external split core CTs coupled with specially developed SATEC Add-On device line:
- Precise add-on power meter PM172SC5 (maximal current 10A) and PM172SC50 (maximal current 50A)
Remote Power Meter & Display
RPM072 Remote Power Meter
The RPM072 is a non-display power meter providing a solution for cases where there is no available space for display panels. Can be connected anywhere, via panel/wall and DIN rail mounting.
RDM072 Remote Display
The RPM072 can be interfaced with Remote Display RDM172 via an RS485 communication port, or added as a second display for the PM172 series.