High Accuracy Current Sensors
All HACS are supplied with 8ft / 2.5m cable.Maximum cable length: 650ft / 200m.
Note:The selection of HACS varies according to your choice of instruments.
- Better accuracy than commonly used CTs
- Internal short circuit method which allows it to be left opened without shorting bars
- Low current output that allows to use cables with small cross section
Can I use conventional CTs?
The inputs are designed for our HACS and do not include protection against hazards that are typical with CTs. Since that SATEC does not provide product warranty when used with non SATEC HACSes
Maximum current – the highest current that the meter can measure
Overload current – the highest current that the meter can withstand without damage. There are few levels, depending on the time.
When stating 1A or 5A, it is the nominal current and, unless otherwise stated, the maximum current is twice this value (2A or 10A). When stating higher current values it the maximum current and, unless otherwise stated, the nominal current is half of this value (i.e., EM133-100A is calibrated to 50A).
- 1A – for use with ../1A conventional CT, typically in MV and HV applications
- 5A – for use with ../5A conventional CT. when used with ../1A CT, we recommend making few turns in order to improve the accuracy
- RS5 – similar operation and performance to the 5A, but with remote split core sensors for easy retrofit installation. The added price includes set of 3 Split Core HACSes
- HACS – PM130 that is designed for use of various HACSes, from 100A to 1200A. It is required to purchase 3 HACSes for this product, either solid core or split core
Currently there is no HACS option for EM132/EM133
What are the different current inputs for PM174?
The PM174 has six different current inputs – five as the PM175 plus a special model name DFR, which stands for Digital Fault Recorder. It includes a set of 3 split core 100A HACS which are calibrated to 5A, plus software modifications to records faults of up to 100A using the same current channels.
- 1A – the measurement channels are calibrated for 1A and the protection channels to 20A
- 5A – the measurement channels are calibrated for 5A and the protection channels to 150A
- CS1S –remote connection of 100A split core HACS, calibrated to 5A (measurement) and 100A (protection)
- Measurement inputs:
- 1A – the measurement channels are calibrated for 1A
- 5A – the measurement channels are calibrated for 5A
- Protection CT inputs:
- 150A (leave the second selection in the order string empty) – connection of protection CT secondary of up to 150A to the terminals
- CS1S – remote connection of 100A split core HACS designed to be connected around the secondary of protection CTs of up to 100A