The New Face in Multi-Circuit Power Metering
- Modular design format
- Load Profiling
- Multi-circuit energy reading
- Built-in communication platforms
- Time-of use (TOU) metering
- Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Data logging
- Event Logging
- Input/output Capabilities
SATEC’s BFM-II is the next generation of Branch Feeder Monitor™, providing energy management for multiple circuits. Flexibility for both new and retrofit projects, the BFM-II provides metering, demand and energy readings, logging and multi-tariff (TOU) data solutions.
The BFM-II measures any combination of single or three-phase circuits based on the modularity for current circuit inputs. The modular design offers a selection of 18, 24, 30, 36, 42 or 54 channels easily fit into existing panel boards or to be flush mounted nearby, thus eliminating the need for expensive retrofit projects or for allocating extra space for the device.
The BFM-II supports *power quality monitoring to identify existing and potential operation problems, such as overloading or malfunctioning due to voltage or current harmonics, or voltage sags and swell (*contact SATEC for future release and availability).
The BFM-II utilises High Accuracy Current Sensors (HACS), which measure and report the current consumed by each of the branch circuits at the panel board. For load management purposes, single or multiple circuits can be defined for each customer. This flexibility allows for a simple reassignment of circuit groups without wiring changes, and enables easy changes when tenants move in and out. Main panel board or load center installation makes for a valuable saving of both time and money.
The BFM’s user-defined and easily configured alarm system enables users to take predictive maintenance action in order to avoid unnecessary outages.
Expansion modules for digital inputs from water, gas meters in addition to digital outputs provides a complete solution for Energy Management applications.
- Multi-channel submetering – up to 54 single-phase, 27 two-phase or 18 three-phase meters in a single device. Any combination of single-, two-, and three-phase consumers can be chosen up to a total of 54 current inputs.
- Automatic totalization energy from different consumers
- Modular design allows selection of 18, 24, 30, 36, 42 or 54 submeters
- Supports high accuracy current transformers with Class 0.5S accuracy
- 3-phase/2-phase/single-phase meters (true RMS, volts, amps, power, power factor, neutral current)
- Ampere/Volt demand meter
- Time-of-Use, 8 energy/demand registers x 8 tariffs, 4 seasons x 4 types of days, 8 tariff changes per day, easy programmable tariff schedule
- Automatic 120-day daily profile for energy and maximum demand readings (total and tariff registers) for each submeter
- Power quality monitoring including voltage and current harmonics (up to the 25th), voltage sags, voltage swells and interruptions (contact SATEC for availability)
- Event recorder for logging internal diagnostic events and setpoint operations
- Data recorders: programmable periodical data logs for each submeter
- Embedded programmable controller (4 control setpoints, programmable thresholds and delays) for each submeter
- Detachable optional 3.5” 320×240 pixels touch screen display with backlight
- Internal clock, keeping the clock running for years without external power
- Standard RS-485, Ethernet and USB ports
- Optional cellular communication port plug-in module
- Optional 9/18 digital inputs or 4 analog inputs module
- Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, DNP3.0 and DNP/TCP communication protocols
- Easy field upgrading device firmware